Famous
Only in the Mind: An Examination of Psychosis
I am a
indeed a very famous and adored creature. There are so many times have played
Spanish guitar or done pop concerts in packed out auditoriums in all the top
cities. The number of books I've written is phenomenal and of course each one
has been accompanied by a tour of all the T.V. talk shows. Experts seek my
advice constantly on subjects ranging from religion to politics. Each movie
that I have starred in has been a huge success at the box office and of course
my love life couldn't be better. I have written many screen plays which have
received Academy awards and I'm never seen in public with a hair out of place
or a broken nail. My make up is flawless and my complexion gorgeous. Women
everywhere envy my perfect figure and I never ~ sweat. But, alas I am all this
only in my own mind. Fantasy or "wool gathering" as some people like
to refer to it can be wonderful. When the vice of cruel reality crushes the
hope out of me I have always tended to escape to a world of my
own creation. It's a dream like world where lovers never hurt you and pie is
never fattening. The beaches are always sunny and the water is always 72
degrees. A little crisis is always met with a knight in shining armor who
pledges his allegiance and fidelity forever. Gravity never hurts anyone and the
whole world gets saved and goes to heaven. The down side of fantasy is that you
can come to 1ike it so much that reality becomes bland, banal, and noxious by
comparison. I find fantasy can be so addictive that I would like to cancel my
environment in favor of prime time fantasy. For someone with a vivid
imagination it's better than television. However, unless one wants to give
oneself completely over to fantasy and live in a mental institution the world
with its frustrations and agonies must be met with courage, with fortitude,
with compassion. A little fantasy can be the spice of life, however it is a
dangerous obsession. Some take the trip of fantasy and never come back.
No comments:
Post a Comment