Monday, October 22, 2012


That Old Familiar Madness

by Katherine Tapley-Milton


I can feel that old familiar madness

That creeps up most stealthily upon me

And fills my soul with interminable sadness

It’s like crawling over acres of broken glass

And is too terrible for you to see --

What this monster does to this lass

I’m torn and bleeding and scarred within

And the hours are long as time does pass.

I’d like to make an exit, but that would be a sin.

Yet, I remain confused why I have to live in agony

I pray to have this burden off of my back

Because I’m starting to get panicky

As I am being tortured on a medieval rack

With the Grand Executioner turning the screws

God, please deliver me from the Inquisition

I certainly need to hear some good news

It is my sanity that is in question

Please help me Lord, my soul is one big bruise.




No comments:

Post a Comment